Fund for Cities of Service, Inc. (“we” or “us”) is committed to protecting your privacy. In furtherance of that commitment, we have instituted reasonable policies and security measures to protect the information you provide to us.
What Information Do We Collect?
We and third parties working on our behalf collect personal information that you provide on this Website. This information may include, but is not limited to, your name, address, phone number, credit card number, and e-mail address. We collect this information from you when you fill out the “Contact Us” form, donate to us, sign up for our electronic newsletter, provide a comment on our resources, download resources from the Website, provide information for a grant application, use the Website’s “Email a Friend” feature, or otherwise enter your information in the Website. Also, as discussed in more detail below, we collect non-personally identifiable information about your use of this Website using cookies and other technologies.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information and Other Information
We, and third parties working on our behalf, may use the information we collect from you to:
- Communicate with you and respond to your inquiries;
- Provide you the product or service you request;
- Enhance the services we provide to you and our other customers;
- Compile aggregate statistics;
- Improve this Website to better serve you; and
- Provide information about this Website, its services, and us.
We may disclose your information if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to:
- Comply with the law or in response to a subpoena, court order, government request, or other legal process;
- Produce relevant documents or information in connection with litigation, arbitration, mediation, adjudication, government or internal investigations, or other legal or administrative proceedings;
- Protect the interests, rights, safety, or property of Fund for Cities of Service, Inc. or others;
- Enforce any terms of service on this Website;
- Provide you and other users with the services or products requested by you and/or other users (including in connection with the transfer of any assets or allowing a purchaser or successor of us or this Website to continue to serve you), and to perform other activities related to such services and products;
- Provide you with information about our products and services and those of third parties that may be of interest to you; or
- Operate our systems properly.
We may also share your information with third parties who perform services on our behalf and in order to respond to your request or inquiry. For example, we may share your information with city officials, volunteer coordinators, etc., in order to facilitate a response to your inquiry or request. You consent to such sharing when you enter your information on the Website, but you may instruct us at any time not to share your information by contacting us at email@example.com.
We not responsible for the collection, use, and/or disclosure of your information by affiliates and third parties, including but not limited to, our partners. Such collection, use, and/or disclosure is governed by their privacy policies.
We may use or disclose on this Website or elsewhere the information and contents of certain material you submit, post, upload, or otherwise make available on this Website, such as in a grant application or in comments submitted to the website. You understand and agree that such information and contents of the material will not be treated as confidential by us. You further understand and agree that the outcome of any grant application that you submit will not be treated as confidential.
Usage Details, IP Addresses, Cookies, and Other Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with the Website, we, third parties working on our behalf (e.g., service providers), and/or third parties with whom we work (e.g., our partners) may place, view, and/or use “cookies,” web server logs, web beacons, and other electronic mechanisms to collect non-personally identifiable information about your use of this Website and other websites, including:
- Information about your computer and Internet connection, including the IP address, browser type, and operating system; and
- Details of your visits to the Website, including the date and the time of your visit, the state or country from which you accessed the Website, the activity and pages visited while on the Website, and the websites you visited immediately before and after visiting this Website.
The information collected using these technologies may be used, either on behalf of us or for the other parties’ own purposes, to:
- Perform research and analysis;
- Enhance the experience of this Website;
- Compile aggregate and anonymous information about site traffic and usage of this Website and other websites; and
- Provide and improve online advertising on this Website and other websites.
Cookies or similar electronic tools do not collect personal information. However, certain information, including information collected using these technologies, may be linked to other information we have about you (including information from other online and offline sources). For example, we may use third parties to collect information about use of this Website, including webpages viewed, websites used prior to visiting this Website, and whether you have been to this Website before, and to provide us reports about use of this Website.
Managing Your Cookie Preferences
Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if your Web browser allows it) that enables our site’s or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
Most browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually set your browser to disable cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent. You can find more information about cookies and how to disable cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org. However, note that portions of this Website may not function properly if you disable cookies.
Third-Party Tracking, Links, and Advertisements
We allow third-party behavioral tracking, such as Google Analytics, on the Website. You can prevent this tracking of your activity by installing certain software, such as the browser add-on offered by Google: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
These third parties working on our behalf or with whom we work may use the non-personally identifiable information that they may collect during your visits to this Website and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice and how to “opt out” of cookies placed by the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) member networks for this purpose, you can visit www.networkadvertising.org.
We use reasonable administrative, technical, personnel, and physical measures to safeguard personal information.
Accessing, Updating, and Erasing Your Personal Information
To request access to, update of, or erasure of personal information collected about you through this Website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information in all requests: first name, last name, and e-mail address. While we will make reasonable efforts to fulfill your request without undue delay, we also reserve the right to impose reasonable restrictions and requirements on such requests, if allowed or required by applicable laws.
Consent to Transfer
Children Under the Age of 13
Our website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. In accordance with the U.S. federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (“COPPA”) and other relevant legislation, we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. We encourage parents to participate actively in their children’s Internet experience. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.